A part of an AMV

A part of an AMV I want to do. Most of the info about it is on the youtube page (because I’m too lazy to write it all out again c: )

Please let me know what I can do to improve it. I learned a lot from doing this (such as “Animating is time consuming” and “Lip Syncing is the bane of my existence”.)

Any tips on how to lip sync better or any other quircky tricks you use would be appreciated!!

Now to work on the next part… another two months…

a lot of studios cut corners in animation, because it is indeed time consuming to do things “the right way”. If you plan it right you can cut corners without making it too obvious. One method of making lip sync easier is to not turn or nod the head while talking. This allows you to reuse frames, or parts of frames, for repeated mouth positions. In my opinion, the turning head is much more powerful, but in these situations you have to decide if the more dramatic look is worth the extra time and effort for a given point in the animation (in this case, i would probably say yes, it is worth it).
Another trick that can be used, if used carefully, is to simply not show a characters mouth while talking. It’s obvious if it’s done too often, but it’s a technique that occasionally is used successfully…showing a speaking character from behind, or extreme zoomed to their eyes, or zoomed out to the point where facial features disappear, or use of light/shadow to obscure the mouth.

Do a search for lip sync tutorials…there’s lots of info available. Learn about the basic mouth positions and which sounds each one is associated with. You can save tons of time and effort reusing graphics. For example, the same mouth position is used for B, M, and P, so rather than redrawing every sound from scratch you can just copy and tweak frames (it might help to have the mouth in its own layer while the character is speaking)

Thanks for replying. This was my first time trying lip-sync, so I didn’t know much about it. I’ll look into those tutorials. However, I just hope for now my creativity doesn’t call me to do too much lip syncing. :slight_smile:

I hope to do more of these in the future. I really love this program; I wouldn’t be able to do any of this without it.

I continued making the thing where pictures move.

This is the animation plus storyboards for upcoming parts (if I get to them, that is.) Up this time is the Avengers.

Even though only the end of the Avengers part was done in Pencil, that was a majority of the work. I drew and animated each character separately, then shrunk them to the right size in Blender. It was like animating that 2 seconds six times over! ('Twas a labor of love, though.)

If you want, read the description on Youtube for more.